Friday 5 April 2019

Kreg R3 Pocket Hole Jig Clamp Adapters





Update: Now Kreg R3 includes Vacuum Dust Attachment (No More Mess)
I have a cheap 12v Car Vac which I modified to use a 3s lipo






The hose adapter fits nice and snug with both the hose and Kreg R3


The Hose adapter Leaves no mess it all collects in the Vacuum Collector
Drilling pocket holes is easy, and also clean.

I have a 3D printer and I like to use it, if possible to help me from spending money. It can really help sometimes. For example, I own a Kreg R3 Pocket Hole Jig which I use for making angle joints in various types of wood cuts.

It is useful to also have the Kreg Face Clamps and Right Angle Clamps to help you line up and cut the holes without things moving around or having to hold two pieces of wood together with one hand while drilling with the other.

Unfortunately getting both these clamps will set you back around $60.

I found a suitable replacement clamp on ebay for around $7 - Search 9" Locking Clamp Welding Grip Pliers 23cm".
I designed little adapters and printed the parts using my 3D Printer and they turned out ok.

I uploaded them on Thingiverse should you like to give them a try for free.

Thanks For reading :)

Edit: I added a corner Clamp too



1 comment:

Julia Middleton said...

This is fascinating. You would probably be good at engine mro
A very different scale though!